Monday, February 18, 2013

Pumpkins Round Two

So gardening is not exactly my forte.  
But we've been giving it a valiant try.



The first year we lived here I planted the pumpkins according to what the back of the seed packet said.  
We ended up with a bunch of pumpkins that NEVER 
turned orange. 



This year we made progress!  I planted them as early as I could without them freezing and we finally got Orange Pumpkins!

 
After an entire day of picking and wheel barrowing we had a big pile of pumpkins, but they were all little pumpkins!

 


Oh, well.  One year we conquer the orange issue, next year we'll try for ones that are bigger than a softball!

 
 
 


We had one red pumpkin, (that Jacks is holding) but I'm pretty sure it was a mutant gourd.   We tried to grow some gourds, and none of them worked! 

So that can go on the list for next year,
 big pumpkins and any gourds at all.  
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment