Friday, September 30, 2011

So, We Built a Lake.

Yep.  Funny huh?  One of the first project Bart started on after we moved here.  
Official use has to do with irrigating the orchards.  
In my very primitive understanding something about water backup to cool or 
warm up trees if the weather is too extreme.  

In the words of my brother-in-law, the real reason for the lake is: 
"to build one of everything so we never have to leave "the compound." 

Bart's two cents on the matter "We're farmers. We can build anything."

The lake has been a big hit this summer.  Besides swimming, our "special" athletic events include extended family canoe races, Scout canoe swamping contests, mutual activities, and
teenage football players cooling off after summer football practices.

I didn't get a picture of this year's lake project, a dock Bart and his brothers built,  but we're already looking forward to next summer 
(and the possibility of expanding the Lake fun to include a tire swing, zip line, or water slide...)
(does that work as bribery to come visit us?)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. You guys are so cool. So so cool. I want a lake in my backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys BUILT a lake up there?! Why have I never been invited?! I always hear there's water nearby but I have yet to see any except the river! That is so awesome. And amazing it doesn't just dry up instantly in the Quincy heat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's cool! I bet the boys love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I can't believe you have your own lake!!! Love the pictures....I bet the boys are in HEAVEN.

    ReplyDelete