Saturday, April 23, 2011

All my kids are asleep...

That in itself is a miracle.  So I decided to play on Facebook work on my Sunday School lesson.
I'm sitting at the desk in my kitchen with the laptop, when a pile of papers less than a foot away from my keyboard starts rustling.  And what pops its sweet little beady eyed head out at me?
I of course had a completely rational reaction of screaming, flipping my chair over, falling to the ground (I fall to the ground a lot!) then scrambling to my feet because 
I know the first thing that little sweetheart is going to run for is my face. 

It squeezed into an unnaturally small crack between the fireplace and the desk, and I took the extremely intelligent way of handling the situation by poking a stick into the crack over and over. Never saw it coming.  It flew out of the crack ran past me and down my basement stairs. 

Great.  Now I can never go in the basement again.  

(And someone explain to me why mice seem to know when Bart is not home 
and that's the only time they show themselves!!)

If anyone needs me I'll be in the fetal position on top of my coffee table where I can see all around me until Bart gets home.   The kids are going to have to fend for themselves. 

(Bart does crazy things like put on mechanic's gloves and grab mice with his hand, 
while I scream, run, jump on top of something, and then beg him not to hurt it...)

I NEED A CAT. (or 12).

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh i would have FLIPPED OUT too. i think the cat idea is a good one, as long as you don't mind finding them on your doorstep...

    ReplyDelete